AOD: San Francisco's Anime, Video Game, and Cartoon Convention!
Up and coming very soon is a convention entitled AOD, which looks to be a promising time judging from the previous conventions!
If you haven’t heard of it and are going to be (or already are) in the San Francisco area, here’s the information you’ll need to decide if you want to go or not!
January 31st – February 1st
Hyatt Regency Hotel
San Francisco, CA
- Full Weekend: $35
- Saturday: $25
- Sunday: $20
AOD at Night (Mainly 18+)
- Cards Against Humanity
- AOD Guests Swap Stories (While Drinking)
- Late Night Trivia Quiz with AOD Guests of Honor
- Naruto The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Panel
- Sexual Tropes in Fanfiction
- Speedrun Q&A
- Super Soul Bros
During the Day
- Artist Alley
- Charity Auction
- Comic Creation 101
- Concert: Hideo
- Console Gaming
- Cosplay Portrait Booth (Free)
- Dealers Room
- eMpiRe Dance Show
- Plus many more!
: Most known for Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, the original abridged series and Naruto the Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show.
: Most known for his voice acting role as Tuxedo Mask in the new Sailor Moon.
: Most known for being Vice President of Marketing at Harmony Gold.
: Most known for her voice acting roles in Madoka Magica and Sword Art Online.
: An up and coming illustrator from Japan associated with the company Light.
: Most known as the creator of Happy Tree Friends.
: A Comic Artist best known for her original webcomic Nimona.
Jon St. John
: Voice actor best known for his role in the Duke Nukem franchise.
: Voice Actress best known for her work in K-ON! And Madoka Magica.
Wenqing Yan (aka Yuumei)
: Artist best known for her original works Knife and 1000 Words.
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport is currently priced at $179, a bit expensive but the hotel itself is absolutely stunning!
- Vagabond Inn Executive is currently priced at $90 a room, so if you can’t afford the almost $200 Hyatt, this would be your best option for the area.
- The Dylan at SFO has rooms currently priced at $129. If you’re looking for a good place and don’t mind shilling out the extra coin this is a perfect place!
- Days Inn San Francisco International is priced at $90, your other best option for the location!
AOD 2014 Rundown
Thus far it’s looking like it’s going to be a promising time for everyone involved!
It’s been said the hardest part about any convention is not spending all of your hard earned money on everything they have, so use sparingly if you need to and have a great time!