If you go bald, what would you do?

Home Forums User Topics If you go bald, what would you do?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Austin Galiza 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Hayato

nichijou bald

Pretty weird thing to be talking about on an anime website, but I was just thinking about how many times bald guys are made fun of in anime.

This season, of course, One Punch Man's Saitama comes to mind.

As far as I know, the options are:

-Try to do anything you can to delay it (medication, hair transplant, etc)
    -Let it happen, but cover it up with hair pieces
    -Embrace it, and work on other parts of your appearance.

If it were me (and it might be, judging by my genes), I think I'd try the first option, and then move to the last one when I got old enough. Hair pieces are kind of... not my thing XD

Any thoughts?

• #48145 Reply

I'd at least try the first thing mentioned, but only if it works. Not sure about hair transplants either, seems like a big step to take. For me, I think it's better to just embrace it. If that happens and it becomes noticeable, I would probably just shave my head completely. Definitely no wigs, I would absolutely feel embarrassed for trying to hard, but that is just me. I'm sure others have their reasons, but I'd rather embrace it.

• #48314 Reply

Kyra

I personally went with the "fully embrace it", shaving my head once/twice a week, so here are a few thoughts on it. This doesn't look good on everyone, varying by your head shape and your body type: if you are ok on your weight/fit it can actually look very nice; if you are too thin it may look like you just escaped a nearby Intensive Care Unit; and if you are a bit on the heavy side it may look weird/funny. That being said, it boils down to how you feel about yourself after shaving it.

Some points:
    I personally think it feels great to take a shower when you are fully shaved.
    People might use it a lot to break the ice. "Woah, why do you shave your head??"
    You might have close friends asking to touch your head.
    You might have small cuts in your head once in a while.

There is just one certainty: You will surely draw a lot of attention.

• #48499 Reply

Austin Galiza
    Participant

I would become SAITAMA (One Punch Man)

Reply To: If you go bald, what would you do?
Your information: